President Obama released his FY15 budget proposal last week. This post contains links to relevant budget documents, congressional budget justifications, testimonies, and media articles. This post will be updated with new information throughout the week.
Department of State and Other International Programs
President Obama requested a total of $46.2 billion for the Department of State and U.S. Agency for International Development. This amount also includes $5.9 billion for Overseas Contingency Operations activity.
- Overview for the Department of State and Other International Programs
- Detailed Budget Estimates by Agency – Department of State and Other International Programs
- Congressional Budget Justification – Department of State, Foreign Operations, and Related Programs
- Fact Sheet on the State Department and USAID Budget
- Fact Sheet on U.S. Food Aid Reform
- Fact Sheet on FY15 Budget Request for Development and Humanitarian Assistance
Department of Agriculture
The President’s FY 15 budget request would provide $23.7 billion for the Department of Agriculture.
- Overview for the Department of Agriculture
- Detailed Budget Estimates by Agency – Department of Agriculture
- FY15 Budget Summary and Annual Performance Plan
Department of the Treasury
President Obama requested a total of $13.8 billion for the Department of the Treasury.
- Overview for the Department of the Treasury
- Detailed Budget Estimates by Agency – Department of the Treasury
- FY15 Congressional Budget Justification
Opportunity, Growth, and Security Initiative
President Obama proposed a $56 billion Opportunity, Growth, and Security Initiative. This new initiative will fund research and development projects, education and training programs, and infrastructure projects. The President’s $1 billion Climate Resilience Fund is part of this new initiative.
- The Budget Message of The President
- Statement from Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack
- Remarks by Deputy Secretary Higginbottom and USAID Administrator Shah
- Testimony of Sylvia M. Burwell, Director of Office of Management and Budget
- Testimony of John Kerry, Secretary of State
- The President’s FY15 International Affairs Budget Request, U.S. Global Leadership Coalition
- FY15 Budget Request Puts Heavy Emphasis on Initiatives, Modernizing Foreign Assistance Network
- Staying the Course: Obama’s 2015 Proposal for US Foreign Aid, Devex
- Breaking down Spending in Obama’s Budget Proposal, Washington Post
Get The Chicago Council’s FREE Global Food for Thought News Brief delivered to your inbox weekly! Sign up here.