The Intern, Foundation Relations works closely with the director of foundation relations on everyday activities related to managing and cultivating Council’s extensive relationships with the foundations. The Intern will have the unique experience of gaining knowledge of the philanthropic community while also learning about global issues around the world. He/she will also learn how to navigate a donor database efficiently.
The Intern, Foundation Relationships will work under the supervision of the Director, Foundation Relations.
The Intern performs a variety of tasks including:
- Managing foundation information in the database
- General data entry
- Pulling reports/formatting in the database, Word, and Microsoft Excel
- Preparing briefs on Council’s grants (current and past)
- Conducting research and creating profile reports on prospective and current foundations
- Other tasks as assigned
- Undergraduate junior or senior or graduate student
- Strong research, editing, and writing skills
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated interest in international affairs
- Proficient in Outlook and Excel