The Chicago Council on Global Affairs offers members and the public insights on current international developments and global issues by providing a nonpartisan forum for world leaders, policymakers, and experts by hosting over 150 public programs throughout the programming season (September – June). With a state-of-the-art in-house event space, the Council Programs Team is responsible for all research and execution for all of these programs.
The Intern, Programs will work with two intern supervisors on the Programs team and work with several Program Officers on different program portfolios. Portfolios include: Corporate Programming, Public Programming, Government & Diplomatic Programming, Young Professional Programming, Women and Global Development Programming, Global Economy Programming, Middle East Programming, and many more.
The Intern performs a variety of tasks on this fast-paced team including:
- Researching and writing for upcoming programs
- Event setup/breakdown
- Customer service
- Assisting in marketing and outreach strategies
- Program support including materials preparation
- Administrative duties
- Other tasks as assigned
Please note that programs occur outside standard business hours, including the following scheduling:
- Breakfast Programs: 6:30 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.
- Lunch Programs: 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Evening Programs: 3:45 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Undergraduate junior or senior or graduate student
- Demonstrated interest in current international events
- Keen attention to detail
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding customer service experience
- Ability to multi-task with quick turnaround times