The Chicago Council on Global Affairs offers members and the public insights on current international developments and global issues by providing a nonpartisan forum for world leaders, policymakers, and experts by hosting over 150 public programs throughout the programming season (September – June). Intern will perform a variety of tasks related to event logistics including assisting with the planning and implementation of Council programs and events, both in-house and offsite. The Event Logistics internship will provide the intern with a comprehensive understanding of operational, logistical, and financial components of events.
The Intern, Event Logistics will work with a four-person team under direct supervision from the Events Officer learning the ins and outs of event planning.
The Intern performs a variety of tasks including:
- Assist with planning onsite logistics for programs and events including catering details, venue logistics, and A/V needs
- Collaborate with the team on tracking dinner RSVPs and database management
- Aid in producing all materials related to dinners and private events such guest lists, place cards, name badges, and programs/ menu cards
- Support the Events Team to prepare the Conference Center for upcoming programs and, on occasion, assist at the actual program itself
- Tasks and learning opportunities include inventory, scheduling events, and assisting with finalizing event specifications
- Assist with catering orders and logistics for meetings, programs, and events
- Interface with constituents, vendors, and venue staff teams
- Other tasks as assigned
Please note that programs occur outside standard business hours, including the following scheduling:
- Breakfast Programs: 6:30 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.
- Lunch Programs: 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Evening Programs: 3:45 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Undergraduate junior or senior or graduate student
- Keen attention to detail and highly organized
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding customer service experience
- Demonstrated interest in event logistics or hospitality
- Ability to multi-task with quick turnaround times