The Intern, Major Gifts works closely with members of the major gifts team on everyday fundraising activities. The intern will be able to participate in professional fundraising development in a very hands-on way by participating in research, meetings, and correspondence. They will also learn how to navigate a donor database efficiently.
The Intern, Major Gifts will work with a team of four under direct supervision from the Leadership Engagement Officer and Membership Services Coordinator.
The Intern performs a variety of tasks including:
- Maintaining the donor database
- Conducting research and creating profile reports on prospective and current donors
- Documenting interactions between Council staff and the organization’s constituents
- Preparing research briefs on upcoming Council programs and speakers
- Completing daily administrative tasks
- Other tasks as assigned
- Undergraduate junior or senior or graduate student
- Demonstrated interest in major giving and donor relations
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of personal information and exercise discretion
- Strong research, editing, and writing skills
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills
- Experience with iMIS database is preferred, not required