Ranked the #1 Think Tank to Watch worldwide, the Council is committed to bringing clarity and offering solutions to issues that transcend borders and transform how people, business, and governments engage the world. Salesforce knowledge has additionally become one of the most sough-after skill sets in the professional arena. The Council has utilized Salesforce as a tool to continue furthering our mission and it has become an integral part of our business processes.
The Intern, Database Services will work closely with the Database Services team under direct supervision from the Database Services Officer to support the day-to-day database operations. The Intern performs a variety of tasks supporting the Database Services team and will be in a unique position to learn about the Council overall, receive further training on Salesforce and associated platforms, and collaborate with other teams as needed.
The Intern performs a variety of tasks including:
- Using Salesforce, an industry leading database (CRM), behind the scenes, and learning valuable and sought after data management and administration skills.
- Data sanitization, maintenance, and entry.
- Duplicate record management including running duplicate reports from Salesforce and making necessary edits and changes to dedupe the data.
- Preparing datasets in Excel for upload (including formatting, cross-checking, etc.)
- Reviewing corrupted data for obvious trouble-spots and working with the Database Services team to make adjustments
- Assisting staff with using Salesforce more efficiently and effectively by helping with training processes, creating and distributing training documentation, etc.
- Supporting ongoing long-term projects by tracking notes, following up on action-items, etc.
- Administrative duties
- Other tasks as assigned
- Undergraduate junior or senior or graduate student
- Experience working with and knowledge of a database interface and systems; experience with Salesforce preferred
- Demonstrated interest in the Information Technology field
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task with quick turnaround times