The Intern, Communications will work closely with the Communications team on external outreach focused on increasing the Council’s visibility, growing event attendance, and building general membership. Interns are in a unique position to learn about the Council overall, receive training on digital platforms, and also assist other teams as needed.
The Intern, Communications will work with a team of eight under direct supervision of the Media Relations Officer and the Communications Officer.
The Intern performs a variety of tasks including:
- Posting content on the Council’s website and blogs
- Creating email announcements and newsletters
- Writing media alerts and press releases
- Monitoring media coverage of the Council, its experts, and its research
- Creating journalist outreach lists
- Assisting with traditional and social media initiatives and tracking the results from these efforts
- Other tasks as assigned
- Undergraduate junior or senior or graduate student
- Demonstrated interest in the Communications field
- Knowledge of web content management systems and email marketing systems
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail