The Intern, Communications will work closely with the Communications team on external outreach focused on increasing the Council’s visibility, growing event attendance, and building general membership. Interns are in a unique position to learn about the Council overall, receive training on digital platforms, and also assist other teams as needed.
The Intern, Communications will work under direct supervision of the Media Relations Officer and the Communications Officer.
The Intern performs a variety of tasks including:
- Posting content on the Council’s website and blogs
- Creating email announcements and newsletters
- Writing media alerts and press releases
- Monitoring media coverage of the Council, its experts, and its research
- Creating journalist outreach lists
- Assisting with traditional and social media initiatives and tracking the results from these efforts
- Other tasks as assigned
- Undergraduate junior or senior or graduate student
- Demonstrated interest in the Communications field
- Knowledge of web content management systems and email marketing systems
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail