Intern, Next Generation: Emerging Leaders
This internship will be in-person*
The Next Generation team manages programs for the Young Professionals network and Emerging Leaders Program. This intern will work closely with the Assistant Director, Next Generation who develops and executes on the Emerging Leaders Program.
Each year, the Chicago Council on Global Affairs selects a highly competitive cohort of Chicago’s up-and-coming professionals to participate in the Emerging Leaders Program. This program is a global affairs training and leadership development program that provides an expansive platform for selected leaders to deepen their fluency and exposure to global affairs and policy.
The intern performs a variety of tasks including
- Researching and identifying potential preparatory materials for Emerging Leader meeting sessions
- Updating an Emerging Leader community database, including editing job changes and areas of expertise
- Conducting media monitoring on the Emerging Leader alumni community for the alumni digest
- Analyzing pre-and post-meeting session knowledge gains
- Managing the database through data entry, pulling reports, and ongoing maintenance in Salesforce
- Drafting social media posts to share program content and support application recruitment
- Other tasks as assigned
- Undergraduate junior or senior or graduate student
- Demonstrated interest in the Council's Next Generation planning
- Keen attention to detail
- Efficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills
- Experience with marketing and/or organizing events and fundraising preferred, but not required
*We require anyone entering our office to be fully vaccinated. You are considered "fully vaccinated" two weeks after completing the second dose of a two-dose COVID-19 vaccine (e.g., Pfizer or Moderna) or two weeks after receiving a single dose of a one-dose vaccine (e.g., Johnson & Johnson/Janssen).