The Chicago Council on Global Affairs offers members and the public insights on current international developments and global issues by providing a nonpartisan forum for world leaders, policymakers, and experts by hosting over 150 public programs throughout the programming season (typically September – June). The Council Programs Team is responsible for all research and execution for these programs.
The Intern, Programs will help develop a number of diverse program portfolios by researching thematic areas relevant to their academic/professional interests and background, assisting with developing strategic partnerships and donor opportunities, and through brainstorming new digital avenues of engagement. The Intern, Programs will work directly with two internship supervisors on the Programs team and several Program Officers on different program portfolios including, but not limited to, Member Engagement & Corporate Programming, Digital Public Programming, Government & Diplomatic Programming, Young Professional Programming, Women and Global Development Programming, Global Economy Programming, as well as region-specific programming.
This intern performs a variety of tasks including:
- Researching and writing for upcoming programs: drafting program announcements and panel questions as well as researching and identifying prospective speakers and possible content areas
- Supporting marketing and outreach strategies by developing content for Council social media platforms (Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter), and navigating Council databases (Salesforce and Cvent) for audience building and analysis
- Assisting with database management entries and operational upkeep using Salesforce
- Day-of-program support, including materials preparation, digital event coordination, and speaker logistics
- Staying well-informed on recent topics, trends, and developments as they relate to the content areas covered by the Chicago Council on Global Affairs programming
- Administrative duties and other tasks as assigned
- Undergraduate junior or senior or graduate student
- Demonstrated interest in current international affairs and global issues
- Keen attention to detail
- Excellent written, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Strong communicator
- Prior customer service experience preferred, proficiency in Salesforce a plus
- Ability to work autonomously, multitask, and manage multiple assignments in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment with quick turnaround times